Female Fingerprinting Experience, Tips and Useful Information (Sahara Mall)
This post is for all woman dependents 15 years old and older.
Jawazat (Passport General Department) announced through newspapers that they are giving dependents 15 years and older, up until January to update their registration or face the trouble of getting VISA. Since I have my family here and I have my daughter turning 15, My wife and my daughter are oblige to register and activate their Iqama and pass through the process a.k.a “Basma”.
Upon my research, Basma can be done in different places. Ministry of Interior have dedicated different sites to accommodate different working time of the spouse and also for expat’s easiness.
Female Finger Printing site can be found through this link (MOI Website Finger Printing Sites )
For easy information, here are the Jawazat Riyadh Sites with their timing (Subject to change, always check MOI Website)
- Region Passports (from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- Female e-services for passports in Sahara mall (from 9:00 to 2:30 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
- Flamingo mall office (from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
- Industrial region Passports (from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- Ar-Rimal Passports – cars auction on Dammad Rd. (from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Female e-services for passports at House for women and children (from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- Al-Kharj Passports (from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- Der’iyah Passports (from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
I am working from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM that Is why I have chosen Sahara Mall to be our destination yesterday.
Just in case you have chosen Sahara Mall, you can proceed to Gate 5 and then go to the food court at 2nd Floor. Jawazat Office for ladies is besides Cinnabon Cinamon rolls. They are giving numbers for every lady who wants to do the finger printing. We arrived at 5:00 PM and we got # 157. We have completed the system at about 6:15 PM, this is due to numerous expat lady who want to update their registration. Expats needs to bring their original Iqama and Original Passports. The actual finger printing and update will only take about 5 minutes, but of course due to the cue, we have stayed from about an hour. Probably if we arrived early it will be much easier for us.
Overall the system is good and everybody needs to follow the number system.
I must reiterate that upgrading your dependents iqama is a must thing to do. It is not optional.
After the registration, you can proceed to your MOI E-Dashboard and you can find that your dependent is now enrolled. If you found out that they are not yet enrolled better check the nearest Jawazat office or do the system again.
I hope that this simple tutorial will remind expats to bring their wife to registration office as soon as possible, don’t wait for the deadline.