New VISA Fees in Saudi Arabia Announced
With reference to the report as posted in Arabnews.com, Visa payment will now be charged as follows:
- The multiple exit/re-entry visa fee will be SR3,000 for six months, SR5,000 for one year and SR8,000 for two years.
- The transit visa fee will be SR300.
- The departure visa fee will be SR50 for those leaving the Kingdom through seaports.
- The exit/re-entry visa fees will be as follows:
- SR200 for a single trip for two months as maximum and SR100 for each additional month, within the limits of the duration of the residence permit’s validity.
- SR500 for multiple trips for three months and SR200 for each additional month within the limits of the duration of the residence permit’s validity
The report further says that it will take into effect on Muharram 1, 1438, corresponding to Oct. 2, 2016. In Saudi Arabia, whenever an expat leaves the country he/she needs to obtain an Exit Re-entry Visa and an Exit Visa if the worker does not intend to work further in the country. The Exit Re-Entry Visa cost SR 200 before. This has been done with the recommendation of Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Economy and Planning on increasing non-oil revenue. It is seen that oil revenue is declining due to the cost of the oil. Normally Visa expenses are being paid by the employers.