What To Do If You Had Road Accident in Saudi Arabia?
Drivers faces problems in the road. There are times accident occurs that cannot be prevented. Some accidents might be your own mistake while others are due to other driver’s mistake on the street. I had my own experience with different car tragedies here in the Kingdom. But nowadays they have different system when drivers in Saudi Arabia faces accident in the road. This simple How To post will be able to teach you on what to do when unlikely event happen to you at the streets of Saudi Arabia.
So here are some tips when you experience accident in Saudi Arabia streets:
- Be calm and talk with the other drivers. It happens you cannot rewind the experience to prevent it from happening. The only thing you can do is to discuss matter calmly with other drivers.
- There are two things that you could do when this happen, you can settle with each other but ofcourse it will depend on the nature of the accident. If no settlement has been don you need to call Najm. ( Authorized officer to take note and make the report of the incident)
- Call Najm immediately to their hotline no. 920000560 or Tel. no 011-8741111 ( Better to save this in your phone), then instruct Najm your proper location including plate number of both cars. Najm operator will give a number code that will be given Najm’s officer upon arrival on site. The Najm officer needs code after their report. Normally the officer will arrive at least half to one hour after the report. Then he will make the report.
- Najm will give you a copy of the report. Don’t forget to get the name of the insurance of the other party/ies especially if you are not liable for the accident it will help you to claim for the damaged. Although, the name of insurance is written in the report but the problem it is written in Arabic.
- In your report copy, there is a written procedure on what to do after the accident. The statements are the following.
“Go to the concerned authorities with the forms given to you by the surveyor (Najm’s personnel), as follows:
- Secure a “repair authorization” form from any of the respective Police Dept. using form (report copy) given by Najm’s officer. (Note: the office close at 3:00pm)
- Secure damage assessment quotation from workshop authorized by Traffic Police Dept. or quotation from authorized individual authorized by Traffic Police Dept. which either been directed to using the form given to you by Najm’s officer. (Note: make sure that you have at least three (3) quotations and it have stamp from the Traffic Police Dept… In industrial area you can find it all the Traffic Police Dept. and the Workshop. Payment for the quotation is SAR 60.00)
- Take the “repair authorization” & damage assessment quotation from the workshop or by authorized individual insurance company within 48hrs. (Note: Knowing the location of the insurance company will ease you in processing this documents)
- Secure approval or claim settlement from the insurance company for the repair of your vehicles or for claiming the cheque. (Note: for claiming the check, there is a slip with the date when you need to claim the check. If you own the car the check name is under your name but if you lease the car the name of the check is under to the lessor/owner (Bank); then you need an authorization letter from the owner (Bank) of the car to deposit the check. But if you lease the car directly to the dealer you need to get the assistance from the dealer for the procedure of claiming the assessment)
I hope that this tips could help our readers in any way when needed. BTW thanks to my officemate Jong, for sharing this information to me.