What to do if SEC Main Breaker Explodes (Burned)?
It is now a hot season and air-conditioning system keeps on running. Which mean higher load is being given to our Main Breakers. This last few days we experienced constant electrical trip of our main breaker and finally last Friday it was total damaged and burned. Probably because high consumption in our villa is during Friday, were all tenants are available. I thought that it will create problem because it’s Friday, but good SEC (Saudi Electric Company) acted on our case in just a few minutes. After calling SEC through their emergency number (933) we had the technician arrived in our villa after about 30 minutes.
Here are some tips if you experience the same
- Better find an Arabic person to talk to SEC. Although there is an English option in their emergency number, I still prefer an Arabic person. In our case my friend from Bakala helped me to talk to them.
- It will be best if you know you area.
- Prepare your old bill since they will be asking information for your bill in order for them to trace your exact location. (Account number, Bill owner name)
- You don’t have to pay anything.
- Subcontractors from SEC will arrive and change the breaker.
I do hope it will not happen to you, but just in case at least you have a guide.